Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to hoarding and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting provider. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's take a look at them. In that way, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you wish to build a web portal, email accounts, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a service supplied by given web hosts, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely false interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allot the workload between different packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain providers offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share a big number of pictures with friends or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your email mailbox accounts. Some corporations offer hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you would like to run a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can open e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to run as many video clips as you would like without bothering about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to own a website. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Naidu Hosting, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for particular web content solely.